General Guidelines and Information for All Submissions
- Submissions are welcomed continuously and the journal is published quarterly.
- Accepted work might also be displayed in the Featured Work section of our website.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished. We consider works posted to social media sites, blogs, or forums to be published.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome. Please let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere. You are always welcome to withdraw an individual piece, rather than the entire submission.
- Please visit our website prior to submitting. Valuable insight into what we are seeking is available there.
- Poetry submissions should contain 3-5 poems, with each poem on a new page, not to exceed 10 pages. Poems should be formatted as the author wishes them to appear once published.
- All submissions should be submitted in a single DOC or DOCX file type.
- Hybrid and combined submissions are welcome, as long as they do not exceed 10 pages.
- We accept fiction, memoir, essays, science fiction, flash fiction, and more.
- Please submit a single piece per submission. If you attach more than one piece, we will only read and consider the first one in the submission.
- Flash prose submissions should be single-spaced, in 12-point font, for a maximum of 1500 words.
- Prose submissions should be single-spaced, in 12-point font, and be a single piece between 1500 and 7500 words.
- Please notate in your cover letter the word count of your piece.
- All submissions should be submitted as a DOC or DOCX file type.
- Hybrid submissions are welcome, as long as they do not exceed 7500 words.
Visual artists are welcome to submit up to five pieces in any of the accepted formats.
Passengers Press is accepting submissions of previously unpublished full-length poetry collections, as well as full-length works of prose. If accepted, authors can expect a publication date in the Summer of 2022. Find more info at passengerspress.com.
- Poetry manuscripts should be between 40-100 pages with industry-standard font and spacing within standard page dimensions.
- Prose manuscripts must be a minimum of 50 pages, single-spaced with an industry-standard font no larger than size 14.
- If any portion of your manuscript has been published, please provide an acknowledgments page within the submitted document.
- All manuscripts should be submitted in a single DOC, DOCX, or PDF file type.